Are you among those who tend to break out into summer acne? The sun can lessen summer fun in many ways. Summer acne is certainly one of them. Sweat, sunscreen, grime, and dust collectively attack to clog your pores. Clogged pores are a breeding ground for acne bacteria.
How is summer acne different from regular acne? Well, regular acne crops up from mostly hormonal fluctuations and stress while summer acne is triggered by the heat, humidity, and blocked pores. The common ground for both is digestive disorders. Healthy skin begins with a healthy diet.
Summer Acne Causes
1. Fight Acne with Fibre: In most cases, digestion disorders are the cause of acne flare-ups. Consume high fibre foods such as raw vegetables, fresh, seasonal fruits with high water content such as melons, oranges, and strawberries. Roughage helps digest food with greater ease and helps clear your acne. Cut down on hard to digest red meat. Include lighter, healthier choices such as brown rice in place of white rice, whole wheat bread, and pasta. Have warm water on an empty stomach first thing in the morning followed by six to eight glasses of water daily to flush away toxins.
2. Sweet Nothing: The hot sun creates cravings for cold, sugary foods. You may find yourself reaching out for high sugar sodas, ice-creams, chilled desserts or chocolates more often than you should. Some of the worst enemies are refined carbs. Muster up every ounce of your willpower to say no to bread, cakes, and fried flour-rich savouries. Avoid food that is high in yeast. Many women who suffer from summer breakouts are prone to yeast or candida infections.
3. Cleanse the Liver: Combat breakouts with herbal supplements that stimulate the liver. Herbal teas reduce inflammation and aid digestion. Replace caffeine beverages with light, flavourful marigold, dandelion, jasmine, ginger, and peppermint teas. Evening primrose oil is as soothing on your skin as it sounds. Take the capsules a few months before the start of summer along with vitamin supplements. If you suffer from heavy breakouts, load up on vitamin E, vitamin C, zinc, and selenium daily.
4. Daily Cleansing: Frequent summer breakouts usually affect those with oily skin. Cleanse your face with alcohol-free toners twice a day, especially at night before you sleep. Dab approaching pimples with a cotton ball soaked in tea tree oil to prevent infections. Avoid heavy foundations. Use mineral-based makeup. Apply a salicylic acid-based face mask to clear skin pores, blackheads, whiteheads, and pus-filled pimples.
Summer Acne Remedies
Summer acne is best treated naturally. Take a shower twice a day to remove excessive sweat. Do not touch the acne on your skin or squeeze them. Keep yourself hydrated when you step out in the sun for long hours. Wash your hands frequently.
● Ice soothes the skin, minimizes swelling and reduces acne. Place ice cubes in a cloth; press it against the affected areas. Pat dry with a clean towel.
● Dot aloe vera gel on the pimples. Leave them overnight. Rinse off next morning with water. Aloe vera is anti-bacterial, unclogs pores, contains lignins, and polysaccharides to reduce swelling.
● To remove excess oil in clogged pores, mix castor oil with sandalwood. Apply on the affected areas. Rinse with cool water half an hour later.
● Gently rub cucumber slices on the affected area. Rinse off after 30 minutes. Cucumber cools the skin, controlling excessive production of oil.
Visit Trigenics at Eglinton, Toronto for Acne Treatment and Scar Removal
At Trigenics, we offer top of the line skin care treatments and acne scar removal using the most reliable advanced technology. Check out our wide range of healthcare treatments to help you look and feel your best. Call us for general enquiries or schedule an appointment to know more.